- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of Rotisserie chicken (cut and cubed)
- 2 Tbsp Mayo (I use reduced fat mayonnaise with olive oil)
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup chopped apple (I use 2 green Granny Smith apples)
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
*Optional – Avocado (for serving the chicken salad)
Step 1: In a bowl mix chicken, celery, and apples well.
Step 2: In a separate bowl mix mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice together. Mix well.
Step 3: Combine chicken mixture with mayo mixture and stir well until mixed well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Serve immediately. I like to serve in a fresh Avocado, or over baby spinach salad greens, or as a sandwich with fresh baked bread.
If you are looking for a delicious and healthier version of chicken salad, then give this recipe for a healthy Chicken Salad with Apples and Celery a try.