- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Stir the soup, water, onion powder, black pepper and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time. Stir in the vegetables.
- Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.
Footnotes Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4- to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving. However, there are a range of sizes available in-store, from the butcher counter to the meat case and the freezer section. Use whichever you prefer- just follow the recipe as written above for the best result. If you’re using larger chicken breasts they may require a little longer cooking time.