- 3 cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Corn Oil
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon each Baking Soda & Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups each chopped Walnuts & frozen grated Coconut
- 6 Pureed Carrots
- 3/4 cup crushed Pineapple
- To make the cake, add all of your wet ingredients (eggs, oil and vanilla) into the sugar and use an electric mixer to blend in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients, plus the pureed carrots. Mix all of the ingredients– wet and dry– together until completely smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into three cake pans and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Make sure that cakes are completely cool; if they are not, you won’t be able to cut the layers, and the frosting will slide right off. Use an electric knife to slice each of the cooled layers in half, creating six thin layers.
- Trisha likes to make her own cream cheese frosting using cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar. She frosts the cake by alternating layer by layer, then finally covering the entire cake in frosting and topping with the walnuts.
- The last step is– enjoy!